Yes it is possible to make delicious gluten free, egg free and dairy free chocolate chip cookies.
It’s funny how recipes play out when you are experimenting in the kitchen. Or at least how my mind works in any case. Originally I was making gluten free choc chip cookies. Then it occurred to me that if I swapped out the butter and used coconut oil and used cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips, these cookies would be both gluten and dairy free.
Not only do these cookies tick three big boxes, but they are super tasty as well. Sorry folks following the ‘I quit sugar’ bandwagon, I wasn’t prepared to swap the sugar out. I will only go so far!
Choc Chip Cookies, Vegan & Gluten Free
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup almond milk not sweetened
- Pre-heat oven 165 deg C (330 deg F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium size bowl beat coconut oil and sugars. Once oil and sugars are completely combined add flour, almond meal and salt and continue to beat until incorporated. Your mixture will resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add your cacao nibs and almond milk a little at a time until your mixture comes together.
- Roll mixture in to walnut size balls and place on baking tray. Squish balls down with the back of a fork or slightly wet fingers. These biscuits do not spread during cooking.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
- Cookies will keep for a week in an airtight container.