Oh wow, I can’t believe that today is the official launch date of The Sweet Swap. Amanda from Chew Town and I have been working hard to bring this event to bloggers across Australia. May 1 seemed so far away back in January when we first started to work in earnest on this project.
Last Friday we started to sneakily slip The Sweet Swap details into our social media. Giving you guys a heads up that it was coming. We couldn’t help it, both of us are just so excited about this event.
So what is The Sweet Swap?
The Sweet Swap is an online event for Australian food bloggers which results in packages of sweets arriving on your doorstep and a few new friendships formed.
Each food blogger is matched with three other bloggers and sends off parcels of homemade lollies to their matches. In return three parcels of lollies arrive on your doorstep. Post about the experience and receive sweet inspiration from your fellow bloggers.
Registrations Open – Wednesday 1 May 2013 (TODAY!!)
Matches Sent – Monday 17 June 2013
Swapper Mail – by Wednesday 3 July 2013
Recipe and Experience Posts Live – Monday 15 July2013
The Sweet Swap Event Round Up – Friday 26 July 2013
Both Amanda and I are hoping that The Sweet Swap becomes one of the most anticipated events on bloggers’ calendars. An event that brings bloggers together from across Australia.
We know that bloggers have big hearts and we thought why not support a worthy cause while we are all having some fun? We are thrilled to announce that The Sweep Swap will be proudly supporting Child Fund via a small registration fee ($5.80). By registering for The Sweet Swap you’ll be providing three banana shoots to families in Uganda. This is the beginning of a mini banana plantation that will provide families with delicious and nutritious bananas for their children for years to come!
If you are not specifically a food blogger, that doesn’t mean you are excluded from joining in the fun. We welcome all lifestyle blogs that also involve food in some capacity You may even be a tech blogger that has a food passion!
You can register here from today.
To celebrate the launch today I decided to make a quick and easy version of the Indian sweet, Burfi. I first saw this recipe on SBS’ Food Safari and have been wanting to make it ever since So quick, so simple, ever so easy and delicious.
Coconut Cardamom Burfi
- 200 grams desiccated coconut
- 395 grams tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 10 cardamom pods husks discarded and seeds ground to a powder
- handful of pistachios
- 50 grams desiccated coconut extra for rolling
- In a medium size bowl mix all of the above ingredients, except the 50g of desiccated extra coconut, until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Turn the mixture in to the pan and cook until the mixture starts to dry out. You are after a consistency which will enable the mixture to be rolled easily into a ball. This will take around 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove pan from the heat and leave it to cool for 5-10 minutes until it is at a temperature you can handle with your fingers.
- Place your extra coconut on a plate.
- Keeping your hands damp, roll the mixture into bite sized balls and then roll in the coconut.
- They are then ready to eat. Couldn’t be easier!
I am looking forward to seeing my fellow bloggers getting involved in The Sweet Swap. Please don’t feel left out if you aren’t a blogger. Child Fund is actually holding their own Sweet Swap at their office to get involved. We will be sharing lots of sweet recipes with you on The Sweet Swap website. So why not whip up a batch of something sweet just to help us celebrate this event! If you do dear reader, I would love to hear about it.