A true winter warmer, creamy tomato gin soup. An easy soup to whip up from pantry staples with a nice glug of gin to round it off. Turn a can of ordinary tomato soup into extraordinary. This soup will definitely keep you toasty warm on a cold night.
If you have ever wanted to add some pizzazz to the humble can of tomato soup, this is the recipe for you. It's amazing what some gin and other flavour enhancers can do. Serve with some crusty bread for a meal of pure comfort.
This recipe is part of my "just recipes" collection. Short intro and the recipe, simple. Please see Belly Rumbles' recipe index for more in-depth and guided recipes.
Creamy Tomato GIn Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 410 g can tomato soup | not concentrate
- 65 ml (¼ cup) chicken stock
- 65 ml (¼ cup) pouring cream
- salt and pepper to season
- Place pan on medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter has melted add onion and garlic. Cook until they have turned a light golden brown.
- Add tomato paste, mix well and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Add gin and flame.
- Add tomato soup, and chicken stock. Mix well and bring it to just before simmering.
- Stir through cream, season with salt and pepper and serve.
The recipe's nutritional information is an approximation based on an online calculator. It is meant solely for reference purposes. If you're looking for precise details, be sure to double-check with your own research.