An easy honey mustard dressing that doubles as a dipping sauce. Ready in two minutes and will keep in the fridge for up to one month.
Hello simplicity my old friend. There really isn't much to this recipe. Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Bingo, dressing is done!
It is sweet, creamy, and tangy. I love that it works as a dressing for salad as well as a dipping sauce. Perfect for dipping chicken tenders, nuggets, meatballs, and even as an alternative to tartare sauce next time you have fish and chips.
- Mayonnaise: Use a whole egg mayonnaise that isn't sweet. Kewpie mayonnaise is my go-to as it isn't sweet like other commercially made mayonnaise. Remember that we are adding honey to this dressing/sauce.
- White Wine Vinegar: Aids the tang along with the mustards.
- Honey: A key flavour element of honey mustard dressing. You can use blended honey or monofloral honey, it's totally up to your tastebuds.
- Grainy Mustard: Adds lovely pops of mustard seeds to the dressing.
- Sweet Paprika: Adds colour and flavour.
- Dijon Mustard: The main mustard component, go with your favourite.
Recipe Walk Through
Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl.
Use a whisk to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Hey presto! You have honey mustard dressing.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 65 mls (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 65 mls (¼ cup) dijon mustard
- 65 mls (¼ cup) honey
- 1 tablespoon (4 teaspoons) grainy mustard
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Hey presto! You have honey mustard dressing.Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- 1 teaspoon equals 5ml
- 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml (Nth America, NZ & UK use 15ml tablespoons)
- 1 cup equals 250ml (Nth America use 237ml)
- 4 teaspoons equals 1 tablespoon
- I use the below unless specified in my recipes;
More Sauce Recipes
Along with the recipes below head over to our Condiment recipes collection for a variety of sauces, pickles, and jams.