Toblerone Mousse is not only incredibly delicious, it's super easy to make. An eggless chocolate mousse full of rich chocolate flavours. Bonus, it's ready in a flash.
Marshmallows take the place of eggs in this recipe. Giving the chocolate mousse and amazing texture. Silky on the tongue, except for those little tasty Toblerone nougat nubbins.
It sets almost immediately, but you will want to give it some chill time in the fridge before serving. Did I mention it is highly addictive?
- Marshmallows: You can use any marshmallows you would like, but I suggest using white ones for colour and the taste of the Toblerone mousse.
- Thickened cream: Full cream thickened cream that is able to be whipped.
- Water: Hot from the tap
- Vanilla essence: Use good quality vanilla essence, not imitation if you can avoid it.
- Toblerone: I use milk Toblerone for this recipe, but you can also use dark.
- Butter: Let it soften on the kitchen bench before use, makes life easier.
Recipe Walk Through
Put marshmallows, softened butter, chopped Toblerone, and water in a medium-size glass bowl
Place bowl in the microwave. Melt ingredients in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
Whip cream and vanilla until thick.
Fold Toblerone mixture through cream gently.
Continue folding until all ingredients are combined.
Spoon mixture evenly into 6 small glasses or serving dishes of your choice.
Place in the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
Toblerone mousse looks great spooned into glasses. Top with extra whipped cream, mini ones, and a little grated white chocolate. The white chocolate makes it look like snow on the Swiss Toblerone Alps!
You could also spoon the mixture into a large bowl and serve it family style. Simply spoon the mousse out into bowls for serving. Again top with some extra whipped cream.
As I mentioned this Toblerone mousse is a super easy recipe. Another easy one which packs great results. It may be simple to make, but wow does it pack a decadent punch. It really is a super tasty dessert.
- 150 grams white marshmallows
- 50 grams butter | soft
- 300 grams Toblerone | milk chocolate variety + chopped
- 60 mls hot water
- 300 mls thickened cream | whippable
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put marshmallows, softened butter, chopped Toblerone, and water in a medium-size glass bowl
- Place bowl in the microwave. Melt ingredients in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
- Whip cream and vanilla until thick.
- Fold Toblerone mixture through cream gently. Continue folding until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 6 small glasses or serving dishes of your choice.
- Place in the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
- Any leftover mousse can be kept until the expiry date of the cream used.
- 1 teaspoon equals 5ml
- 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml (Nth America, NZ & UK use 15ml tablespoons)
- 1 cup equals 250ml (Nth America use 237ml)
- 4 teaspoons equals 1 tablespoon
- I use the below unless specified in my recipes;