Blueberry White Chocolate Waffles, the pop of fresh blueberries and surprise of white chocolate make these waffles a breakfast winner.
I am having a huge romance with my waffle maker. I tend to avoid buying too many one use appliances. Firstly lack of storage, secondly one use appliances tend to get used once in my kitchen. They are then sent to frolic around a farm in the country with other “lucky” appliances, if you get my drift.Generally a waffle maker would have never made it into my kitchen, but I had to purchase one for a client job I was developing some recipes for. I’m now a little addicted to making waffles.
With my waffle experimentation, my preference is a buttermilk batter. When playing around with a recipe for blueberry white chocolate waffles, I knew it had to have a buttermilk batter. You end up with lovely crisp waffles, which are soft on the inside.
I also love using white chocolate in waffle recipes. You end up with glorious caramelised bits of white chocolate on the crispy outside. I discovered this with my triple chocolate waffles, and it is same with these guys.
A great waffle making tip, let your batter rest before using it. By the way, that also goes for pancakes.
Of course, these blueberry white chocolate waffles are great as they are with a little splash of maple syrup. I went all out creative and topped them with fresh blueberries, strawberries, Persian fairy floss and some edible flowers.
Don’t forget waffles freeze really well. All you need to do is pop them in the toaster to defrost and crisp right back up again. Incredibly easy and super handy to just whip them out of the freezer when needed.
These waffles sing springtime breakfast, so pretty and pretty damn delicious too.
I do hope you love them as much as I do.
Become a subscriber and don’t miss a single delicious recipe, restaurant review or travel adventure.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 120 grams (½ cup) butter - melted
- 2 large eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- 150 grams (¾ cup) white chocolate chips
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk ingredients together and then whisk in buttermilk and melted butter and eggs.
- Fold blueberries and white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Heat waffle maker as per manufacturer’s instructions. Once hot and ready to go, spoon mixture onto waffle plates and cook.
- Keep waffles warm in a low oven while other waffles are cooking.