Chocolate sour cherry cookies from the Bourke Street Bakery cookbook. Crisp and rich chocolate cookies with a sour hit. This is also an awesome big batch recipe.
You may recall my pork & veal recipe from a few weeks ago, made for lazy picnic in the park. I whipped these cookies up to take along as well. What’s a picnic without sweet indulgent treats?
Whip them up I did. These are quick and easy with minimal fuss. I adapted the recipe from the Bourke Street Bakery Cookbook.
My rendition has more flour than the original. I found that the BSB recipe way too sticky to handle in a hurry. Their recipe is meant to be sticky, and you place the mixture in the fridge a few times during their making process.
I didn’t have time to mess around and the addition of the extra flour worked perfectly. I also added slivered almonds to stretch the recipe to make more cookies.
This recipe will yield you around 40 crisp rich chocolate sour cherry cookies.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes
Two Tone Chocolate Chip Cookies - a delicious big batch recipe
Chocolate Coconut Ganache Cookie Sandwiches - O M G!
Macadamia White Chocolate Oat Cookies - an ANZAC twist
Violet Crumble Cookies - an Aussie fave in a cookie
Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies - choc with butter nuttiness
PIN ME TO EAT ME LATER
Chocolate, Sour Cherry and Almond Cookies
- 240 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 300 grams plain flour
- 40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100 grams unsalted butter | room temperature
- 240 grams soft dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 85 grams dried sour cherries
- 50 grams slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat over at 165 degrees C/320 degrees F. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl melt your chocolate in your preferred way. I use the microwave others prefer the double saucepan method.
- In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, either using a stand mixer or electric beaters, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and creamy. Then add eggs one at time, beating well to combine after each egg is added.
- Add dry ingredients in three batches. Mix well after each addition. Then add melted chocolate, mix until well combined.
- Fold through sour cherries and almonds.
- Place one tablespoon rolled balls of mixture on the prepared baking trays. Allow room for the cookies to spread. Press ball down slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for around 12 minutes, the cookies will have spread and have cracked on top.
- Remove from trays to cooling rack to cool.